Coronatini - Lavender Lemon Drop Martini
Updated: Apr 16, 2020
Being cooped up has driven me to drink! Not really, I was gonna do that anyway cause that's just how I’m is. There have been many changes to our lives, including where we eat and wind down. My usual routine is completely out of the window, as I’m sure is everyone else’s. My lunchtime leisure spot is temporarily closed so I've have to be a chef and bartender in the this time of isolation. I have a pretty extensive bar setup up at home that hasn’t gotten much action lately, so I blew the dust off the cocktail shakers and got to work. Martinis are one of my favorite drinks so I'll start there! Going to try a different recipe everyday! Ya with me?
I think we are all a little restless at this point so pour up a drink!
Try my relaxing, refreshing take on a Lemon Drop.
Lavender Simple Syrup:
1 cup Water
1 cup Granulated Sugar
5 drops of Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
1 Freshly Squeezed Lemon
2 oz Tito’s Vodka
1 oz simple syrup
To make the Lavender Simple syrup:
1. Mix water and sugar in a small saucepan on Med-Low for approx 20 mins or until liquid has reduced.
2. Stir frequently with a whisk.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add 5 drops of food grade lavender essential oil. I used Young Living.
5. Once cool, transfer to a glass jar for storage.
Now the fun part!
To make the Lemon Drop:
1. Roll, and squeeze 1 whole lemon. Reserve juice.
2. Combine 2 oz Tito’s, lemon juice and 1 oz of simple syrup in cocktail shaker. Add 1 cup ice.
3. Shake vigorously.
1. Trace rim of martini glass with lemon peel.
2. Roll/dip rim in granulated sugar.
3. Pour chilled drink into the glass.
4. Garnish with lemon peel.